Last Tuesday....
"I stretched my arms and legs and opened my eyes. It was still dark outside but I felt rested. Another great night of sleep! I got out of bed, opened my door and decided to see what Julia was up to. I opened her door and she appeared to be sleeping. Really, sleeping at this hour? It was time for breakfast and time to play. I touched her shoulder but she didn't wake up. Hmm..how else should I wake her up? I got it! She hates loud noises, this should work. I took a deep breath and screamed at the top of my lungs:
"JULIA!!! WAKE UP!! LET'S GO PLAY!! JULIA!! JULIA!!"
Next thing I know, Mommy comes running into the room and picks me up quickly. She said "What are you doing? It's 2am in morning. You need to go back to sleep." I stared at her and realized she was putting me back in bed. Darnit! I told her "Please don't lock me in my room. I'll go back to sleep." She tucked me in, rubbed my head and next thing I knew, the sun was shining through my window.
Thursday (2 days later)...
"Another great night of sleep. I stretched and decided to go wake up Mommy for breakfast. I was super hungry for my oatmeal. I looked in her room and didn't see her there. I looked in the green room (also known as our guest room) and didn't see her. Hmm. Sometimes she sits outside with Amelia late at night or in the mornings. Let me check. I walked downstairs, grabbed my little chair and looked at the back window. No Mommy and no Amelia. I decided to lock the doorknob on the back door. Hey, why not? I brought my little chair into the foyer and stood on it. I took a deep breath and started screaming:
"MOMMY!! MOMMY!! MOMMY!! MOMMY!!"
I knew if I kept yelling she would show up. And guess what? She came running from upstairs and asked me "What are you doing? It's 2:30am! You need to go to sleep." Hot diggity. I really thought it was morning this time. I asked her not to lock my door as I drifted back to sleep.
2 comments:
O'Boy! that's one heck of an awakening!!!
Hahaha! That is funny! I'm sure not so funny for you all to wake up to though!
Post a Comment