Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 25 - Entrepreneurs

On Friday, Julia, Jack and Luke decided to start their own business. Jack was trying to sell 'gems' for $37 (he said they were high quality and he couldn't go down on the price) while Julia and Luke decided to do a dog business. Their services included walking, brushing and washing dogs. They demonstrated their abilities by walking Karma and Amelia up and down the road several times. The trio went door to door and they were hired by our neighbor to brush their dog. Without any other takers, Julia and Luke decided to wash Amelia before our new baby sitter was coming (I had a girl scout mom's night out). Luckily I checked Amelia before she came in the house because they appeared to douse her in conditioner and not rinse it...yikes!

On Saturday, the kids and I went to Petsmart to buy Karma a new leash. I usually try to avoid the pet store on the weekends because it's adoption day. Of course, we looked at every animal and the kids fell head over heels in love with Jade. I told them we could get her if they earned the money for adoption ($50). As soon as we got home they set up a lemonade/fruit punch stand. Selling drinks at 25 centers a cup, I figured that $50 was WAY out of their reach. Imagine my surprise (and horror) when they earned FORTY THREE DOLLARS!! They went door to door to drum up business, told people what they were raising money for and my (overly generous neighbors) were paying $5 a cup in some cases. Um...what have I done?! I cannot handle a puppy right now! I told the kids we need to budge for the adoption fee, bowls, leash, collar and vet visits. Stay tuned..

Mom, Amelia and Karma are yours. We want a dog too.

Entrepreneurs


1 comment:

Uncle B said...

Driven by motivation.. Lol