Pre COVID-19: I was at HEB (our local grocery store, the best grocery store ever) almost daily. Meal planning was never one of my strong suits. We also ate out quite often, especially on the weekend.
COVID-19: I plan our meals and go to HEB on Saturdays only. While the grocery bill is high (my kids eat A LOT) we are actually saving money by not eating out. I always ask everyone what they want from the store before I go.
Vanilla Ice Cream
You might be thinking "Wow, are you heading this section vanilla ice cream in error?" Nope, not at all. JD and Luke are huge ice cream fans. They eat it almost nightly. HEB has three different vanilla ice creams: 1905 vanilla, homemade vanilla and vanilla bean. Luke's favorite is vanilla and I rotate the type I buy. Two weeks ago I asked Luke what he wanted from HEB and he forgot to ask for ice cream. No problem-I know he loves vanilla and grabbed a carton of 1905. That evening Luke realizes I bought 1905 and was adamant-ADAMANT-that he told me to buy vanilla bean. I told him he did not. Not one to back down (Luke loves an argument), he kept going "I told you vanilla bean. Vanilla BEAN!" After 25min, he finally mumbled under his breath "Okay, I didn't even ask for ice cream." Haha! I felt vindicated. Now we joke about 'vanilla BEAN.'

No comments:
Post a Comment