Tuesday, September 29, 2020

September 29 - Pumpkin Spice Everything


There are those who don't understand the joy of pumpkin spice. Dare I say, some people will go so far to say they hate anything pumpkin spice related? Well my friends, if you are one of those people, you aren't my people. I love autumn and I LOVE pumpkin spice. In fact, I have been known to burn to pumpkin candles year round because I love the smell. This year, Teresa, Tammy and I have made a pledge to bake/cook a new recipe everything weekend throughout fall (well, we started in early September during 'summer' and will wrap it up after Thanksgiving). Between the 3 of us (Tammy joined late) we've made:

*pumpkin chili

*pumpkin cornbread (Luke ate 6 slices)

*pumpkin bread

*pumpkin/banana bread (both a vegan and non-vegan recipe, I'm sure you can guess which one was better)

*pumpkin stuffed shells

*Macaroni and cheese with pumpkin

*Pumpkin mashed potatoes

*Pumpkin flan

*Pumpkin cookies with icing

*Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies

*Pumpkin cinnamon buns

*Pumpkin parfaits

*Pumpkin cake


"Do you think you are overdoing the whole pumpkin thing?" - JD


"Never." - me


Happy fall everyone! 



2 comments:

Jill Cook said...

Have you tried making crock pot pumpkin French toast? Two of your favorite things, right?

Christine said...

omg, I am doing it this week!!