November 10 - Hey Little Man
"Hey little man!" "Good morning little man!" "I want to hold the baby." "It's okay baby, don't cry." "Hi baby Luke!" We are thrilled that our little Julia bean is bonding with our baby Luke bean. She is so adorable interacting with him-her new thing is to throw out his diapers when I'm changing him. She'll throw the dirty diaper into the trash and say "Thank you Julia, you're welcome."
In other news, Luke (or "Master Luke" as almost all his cards and gifts arrive addressed too) is doing fab (he's actually wearing a Star Wars onesie in the top right photo, but the blanket covers up the words). He's a hearty eater and still loves to snuggle, snuggle, snuggle. Getting him to sleep on his back continues to be a challenge (he is super gassy, poor guy), so we have a routine that is working out decently: I feed him around 10pm, hand him off to J.D. and immediately go to bed. J.D. brings him to me when he wakes up (usually around 1am and a few times we've gotten lucky and he's slept until 3am).
So..J.D. sleeps from 1am/3am to 6am (when Julia wakes up full of energy announcing "I want milk and cheerios!") while I sleep from 10pm-1am/3am. Obviously, we need to get him sleeping on his back...on his own...in his room...all in good time! The pediatrician said we shouldn't let him cry more than 20min at this age and we keep trying with him...no luck so far. I'll keep you all posted. Let's see, OH-big news!! J.D. was promoted at work to Lead Engineer for the software group in his lab. Congrats babe! Work is going well for him and he is still enjoying it. I'm currently on maternity leave and will start back up again part-time in December. Which is amazingly in just under 3 weeks! Time flies with a newborn, toddler, hubby and furry baby!
2 comments:
Thanks for the photos! He's so cute! All too soon he'll be on his back - have no fear.
They are both adorable. Love Julia's dialogue!!!! Thanks for all your pics and writings. Enjoy Thanksgiving with your family!
Post a Comment